It's hard to believe that the first day of Kindergarten has come and gone for Sophie. She can't be that big already, can she? Doesn't she look grown up?
It seems like just yesterday that I took her to her first day of Preschool. Ah, there is my baby face little girl!!
But I digress, back to the present. Sophie was so excited to start school. Everyone else (including daddy) started the week before Sophie did and she was so bummed that it wasn't time for her to start yet. When the morning finally came she was up at 6:30 ready to eat her favorite breakfast, get dressed and leave. I must confess, I was a bit sad, I even shed a few tears after she was safely dropped off in class. Kindergarten is the start of a whole new world for Sophie.
Here she is right outside of the school, her classroom is right behind her. She was so excited that I couldn't get her to hold still for a picture.
Going into her classroom. It was about now that I think I started embarrassing her so I stopped with the pictures.
After leaving her to learn and grow for 2 hours and 45 minutes, I went to pick her up. Here she is coming toward the car. She didn't look too happy. My heart sank, she was so excited...
She looked into the van and with tears streaming down her face she said, "Mommy, I didn't get any homework, we didn't do centers and it was boring." I actually breathed a sigh of relief. I could definitely handle those complaints.
Sophie did enjoy her first week of school, it just wasn't what she expected. O man, is my little girl growing up. It's exciting and scary!!
No comments:
Post a Comment