Weighing in at a modest 17 lbs 4 oz, stretching head to toe at 27.5 inches, Lily is now a lean mean army crawling machine, who likes to sit in the laundry basket while I fold clothes.
It's like she is saying, "Sure mom, I'll help you fold my clothes.....just kiddin', I'd rather suck my thumb!"
Right before she turned 9 months, Lily learned how to army crawl. Now we can't keep this little girl in one spot. I find her all over the house. Let the evidence be presented.
In this particular instance, I left her on the floor in the front room so I could start dinner. She was happily playing with her toys. Then things got a little quiet....Hmm? Where did she go?
Obviously Sophie's room held toys that were more appealing to her taste buds! Cookies, anyone? Don't let the dangerous play cooking knife deter you.
Once again, I left her playing in the front room. This time to change the laundry into the dryer. Then I hear something scraping across the floor...Hmm? Who is dragging a heavy object across the floor?
Oh, it's just Lily, taking the blanket holder for a crawl around the front room.
The final piece of documented evidence. Family scripture study. "And it came to pass..." Lily crawled on the Book of Mormon Stories and wouldn't budge! I'm glad she has developed a love of the scriptures so early in her life.
Case in point, this child will not be contained. She must be free to roam and explore the outer reaches of what is now her domain.
No comments:
Post a Comment