Sunday, September 9, 2012

Zoe's First Day of Preschool

I know I always say this...but I can't believe it!!  Zoe is in preschool.  She has been so excited to start and is beyond happy that she is going to Mrs. Natalie, the same preschool as Sophie.  For the last two years Zoe has lamented the fact that either; 1. Sophie was leaving her for 2.5 hours 2 times a week or that, 2. she couldn't go with Sophie.  So for her to be a "Big Girl" now and going to Mrs. Natalie's is a dream come true.

She started this year off on Wednesday.  Here she is before leaving the house.  She was a bit excited so it was hard to get her to hold still and not make silly faces or pose weird.  But it wouldn't be Zoe if she was standing still and shy!

Celebrating the start of school:


Trying to contain the excitement but it is showing through in her cheesy grin:


Zoe's all out silliness:


Ah, my pretty blue eyed, smarty pants Zoe!!  I will be lonely without you for the 2.5 hours, twice a week that you are gone.  

Her first day was amazing.  She went into school without a single tear shed.  I was very worried since it is a struggle to get her into nursery.  But I guess the anticipation and example of Sophie for the past two years had a positive influence on her.  

When I went to pick her up, she ran to me, threw her backpack down and proceeded to open it to show me what she had done.  She told me everything she had done that day on the way home.  Her excitement was contagious and I couldn't help but be happy that she is growing and learning!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I can't believe how big your girls are. They are beautiful! I love how Zoe's back pack is as big as she is! And Sophie's first day of Kindergarten disappointment made me laugh!