Monday, November 21, 2011

Lily is here!

Well, the picture of me in the last post was the last belly picture taken of me before this cute little thing decided to make an early entrance into this world!


Friday the 4th, I started having pretty regular contractions that were not painful. I worried because I was only 36 weeks and it was pretty early for Lily to come, though not improbable since I had already had labor stopped at 34 weeks. I took it easy for most of the day. Around 8 p.m. they were coming 5 to 6 minutes apart, were still not painful, but Lily was breech and I have had two previous c-sections, so knew that I needed to be to the hospital in time to get prepped for a c-section. Tyler called his mom to watch the girls and we headed for the hospital. Good thing too! When we got there I was 3+ cm dilated and within 2 hours had dilated to a 4.

At midnight they started prepping me for the c-section and at 1:03 a.m. my beautiful baby was born. She gave us quite the scare. When they pulled her out she was blue and not breathing. I panicked! I just wanted to hop off the table and help, but of course, I was numb from the chest down. Tyler went over with Lily and the nurses got her breathing but she still hadn't cried. Worst feeling ever!!!! Not being able to get to my daughter, who is not crying....that first cry is so important to me, it signifies life....

A short while later she ended up giving a little cry, and that was probably the only cry she gave the entire time at the hospital. She is a really quiet baby and only cries when she is hungry. But it is like only one little cry and then she waits patiently for her needs to be met. She is the easiest baby I have had!
Here she is weighing in at 5 lbs 8 oz. and 18.5 inches long.

She is definitely my smallest baby by a pound. At the hospital she gave us another scare by not being able to maintain her temperature and her blood sugar levels. The poor girl, luckily never had to go the the NICU, but the heels of her feet were poked so much that they still have scars on them 2 weeks later.

We were able to go home 4 days later. She ended up having jaundice and loosing 8 oz, which is a lot for a 5 lb baby, so she had to continue getting her heels poked for blood and was watched closely by her pediatrician. Now she has gained her birth weight back and is doing well!

Here she is being doted on by her sisters.



The day we went home. I bought her a newborn outfit and it ended up being big on her, but she looks so stinkin' cute anyway.

We are so grateful that the Lord blessed us with another little girl that made it safely here!!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

She's perfect! I almost got emotional as you told the story knowing what you've been through before!!! Oh my goodness, Heather, I'm sooo happy she's here safe and as cute as can be.