Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween

This year we had lots of fun for Halloween. Sophie was especially excited. I think she is finally old enough to remember last year a bit. Sophie had pick out what she wanted to be since about the middle of September and her and I devised a costume for Zoe. Good thing I had so long to work on these costumes because it took me the whole month and a half to get them done. Sophie was a butterfly and Zoe was a ladybug.

We started the day off playing and waiting around not so patiently for trick-r-treating. For dinner we had yummy potato soup with cheesy "black" cats on top and bread sticks. Sophie thought it was so cool that there was a cat in her soup. Zoe could have cared less, she just wanted to eat the bread sticks.

After dinner we went to the trunk-r-treat in Stockton and got to see Grandma Cindy, Aunt Jamie and Grandma Willie. The girls had a lot of fun there, but it was so cold!! Zoe had her hands in her coat pockets the whole time. It was cute though, because every time Zoe saw something scary, she would bust out her cute little "..scwarreey" When we were done there we thought we would go around our neighborhood. Zoe had a blast and loved the glow stick bracelet I put on her. She loved the idea of getting candy by saying trick-r-treat and had it down pat pretty fast. Sophie was a pro, and ran up to every door and only hesitated when they had scary things on the porch.

Here are some pictures from the fun night.

Sophie and Zoe enjoying their spoils and warming up with warm apple cider and a Max and Ruby Halloween cartoon...


My little butterfly, ladybug and the gardener (isn't he a looker...wink, wink!)


Sophie had to pose for her picture...and well she posed in every pic I took of her...what a silly girl!


My cutie, Zoebugs!



See what I mean....posing once again, notice how her hands are turned under...


I think Zoe is showing Tyler a bug or something...she was rather excited about it.



This was Sophie the day she got to dress up for Preschool. She was so excited to be able to wear her costume to school. And once again, she is posing!


No comments: