Monday, March 19, 2012

Happy Birthday ZoBug!

A couple Saturdays ago we celebrated Zoe's 3rd birthday. Honestly, I can't believe she is already 3 and that she is only 3. The time since she was born has flown by and so much has changed in those three years, however I still think of her as my little baby. On the other hand, she has been potty trained since 18 months old and could talk in complete sentences not too long after that. She is truly an amazing child. I love her dearly and look forward everyday to what will come out of her mouth next. Here are a couple of things that have made Tyler and I laugh lately:
She was on the potty talking to Tyler about Sophie not sharing and she said, "Sophie's following Satan."
Riding in the car with Tyler the other day they came to a stop sign. When they stopped, Zoe asked Tyler, "Daddy, why is that sign ugly?" According to Tyler, the reason the sign was ugly was because it was pretty beat up and had duct tape all over it.
Basically everything she says is funny because of the way she talks, it is kind of like a little girl impersonating Forest Gump (and no she has never seen the movie).
Zoe also has a death glare. Any stranger that talks to her receives this glare. It is so comical because she is such a loving and happy child. The chef at Tepanyaki got the glare because he used fire and tried to talk to her.
A new thing lately is that she has to be in the middle. When we sit on the couch to read, "I want to be in the middle." When we hold hands in the parking lot, "I want to be in the middle." I am beginning to think she has middle child syndrome. And she now has an imaginary sister named, coincidentally, Zoe. Tyler has started calling her Zoe Bologna in a sing-song voice and this makes her laugh every time he does it.
Back to her birthday party. About a week before the event I asked her what kind of cake she wanted and her reply was "Rapunzel," mind you, this child is terrified of the movie Tangled. Mother Gothel scares that poor child to death! So I was a bit surprised and even more surprised when she stuck by her answer days after.
She had an awesome birthday and received tons of thoughtful gifts that she has been playing with constantly since. Here is the trike that Tyler and I got her. She was so excited that we let her ride it in the house for about a week until it was warm enough to take it outside.


The three girls and their cousin Cardon


Opening the beloved legos.


She was so excited to get legos. She has yet to build them but is a pro at destroying them. "Mommy, I am destroying it. Will you build my Cafe?"

And here is her Rapunzel cake. She was in love with it and wanted to eat it all day, before everyone got there she kept asking, "Is it time to eat my cake yet?"

Happy Birthday ZoBuggy, you are my Sunshine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: