Sunday, March 14, 2010

Happy Birthday Zoe!

Yesterday we celebrated Zoe's first birthday complete with cake, ice cream, family, presents a spring snow storm! Zoe opened presents with the help of Sophie, I think Sophie thought that the presents were more for her entertainment and pleasure than Zoe did, the rite of a big sister I guess. Zoe received lots of cute summer clothes and a couple cute toys. Thanks to Aunt Jamie, Sophie didn't make off too shabby either.

I tried my hand at a carrot cake from scratch, it tasted yummy but next time I will definitely buy a food processor, carrots are a pain to grate!! Zoe loved the cake, we let her stick her finger in the frosting while we sang and she daintily licked it off her finger. However, when we gave her a HUGE slice she dug right in and devoured it plus chugged a sippy cup full of milk!! It was really cute.

Thank to everybody who came and we missed you Grandma Cheryl and Grandpa Kraig (stupid snow!). Zoe loved having you here to share the day with her, sorry about the nasty snow storm, next year we won't invite it...lol.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Way cute slideshow! It's funny because in some of the pictures, I can see so much of Sophie in Zoe, and other times, Zoe looks so different, just her own little person.

Happy Birthday Zoe! Our birthday present is coming later...more pizza hut with your mommy and daddy, but now that you're 1, you'll get some bites of the yummy pizza, you lucky girl! ;)

Jessica said...

I can't believe Zoe is 1 already. That means my little Trevors 1st bday is just around the corner. Your girls are so adorable! I love the owl shirt and the matching cake. Very cute!

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday Zoe!! I can't believe you are 1.. Great job on the CAKE!! Very CUTE..