Last weekend Heather finally left us (meaning daddy, Sophie and Zoe) alone. We have been trying to get her out of the house for a long time. So we sent her to get a pedicure/shopping spree with her sister and mother.
Then the fun began........
After cartoons (it was Saturday after all) I suggested we build a fort. Sophie thought I meant one with blocks, little did she know the full effect of my mommyless plans...
As you can see Zoe was more than happy to be playing with daddy. And I've found out that she really enjoys spelunking. (Really enjoys is an understatement, the other day when I got a blanket to put over us again she was so excited that her fists were clenched and she didn't know how to physically expel all of the excitement.)Sophie enjoyed using the flashlight in the "dark" fort. All in all I think we used 8 chairs, 1 high chair, 7 blankets (3 which were quilts) and lots of fun.
Unfortunately we had to break it down when it was lunch time, we needed the chairs.
After our successful morning of fortness we though that we should venture outside on such a gorgeous day.
After we went home and I think the girls were tired of playing together because Sophie had to "hide" on our bed so she could play with her castle sans Zoe.
Zoe found her a little later, but still hasn't mastered climbing on the bed, so as of now Sophie still has her fortress of Sophitude.
By the way, Heather didn't spend nearly as much as I told her she could, so she was either kidnapped by aliens and the current Heather is really a robot or she wasn't feeling well. So, if any aliens are watching...I'm not complaining.
1 comment:
Looks like a great time!! I love the smile on Zoe's face. :) Can't believe she is 1... Happy Birthday Zoe
Post a Comment