Monday, August 25, 2008

A Crafty Idea

Lately Sophie has been very into role playing. She loves to pretend cook at her little kitchen and walk around in her princess shoes. So I decided to start making her some dress up clothes.

My first attempt was an apron. I found a really cute and easy pattern on the Internet. All you need is a dish towel, ribbon, needle and thread.

First I cut the towel down a little because it was too long, but no need to if it fits lengthwise. Then I did a running stitch at the top (I rolled my raw edge but no need to if you don't cut the towel) to gather the towel. Then I sewed ribbon on for the neck strap and tie at the back. Make sure the neck strap is big enough for them to pull on and off of their heads.



Here is my little Soph modeling the finished product. This was just a towel and ribbon I had lying around to house too. So no need to spend money on it!!!

Make sure the waist tie ribbons are long enough to make a bow when on and VIOLA, you have a nifty apron!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Way to go Heather! It looks just darling. I can't get over how grown-up Sophie looks in it.

Jenny said...

GREAT JOB! You are so smart and crafty. Sophie is so CUTE!

Jessica said...

Heather that is adorable! I will have to make one for my niece since I don't have a girl yet. I love it!