This is Sophie trying once again to get back into the tent. She loved the princess sleeping bag/bed we got her and it was a constant battle to keep her outside. When we're home I can't keep her in the house and when we're camping I can't keep her outside, go figure!
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Lava Hot Springs
This past week, Tyler had vacation from UPS so we decided to take off to Lava for a camping trip. We arrived on Wednesday and set up camp, walked around Lava and then cooked dinner over the fire and enjoyed delicious s'mores. Then Thursday we spent all day at the pool, much to Sophie's delight. And we came home on Friday. Here are some pictures of all the fun we had:
Here is Sophie barreling down the kiddie slide, she wanted to try the bigger slides but she wasn't tall enough. Bummer because I think she would have loved them!
Poor Zoe had to hang out with either Tyler or I under the shade umbrella. Does anyone know why infants under 6 months can't wear sunscreen?? She did enjoy a long nap and having funny faces pulled at her, though.
Tyler and Sophie being silly in the pool. We couldn't get Sophie out of the pool very easily. She would come to the grass long enough for a handful of snack, maybe a drink of water, and a very hurried reapplication of sunscreen before she took off back to the pool.
Me and Zoe just chillin' at the campsite, while Tyler was putting up the tent. Isn't she adorable!?
Thursday morning before we went to the pool, Sophie decorated a foam visor with foam stickers. It occupied her for 30 minutes or so. She loved it and kept calling the visor her "surprise hat!" It was really cute.
Here I am teaching Sophie the proper way to cook a marshmallow. She didn't really liked them cooked but gorged herself on graham crackers and chocolate bars, little stinker, how can you say no to them when your on vacation?!?!

This is Sophie trying once again to get back into the tent. She loved the princess sleeping bag/bed we got her and it was a constant battle to keep her outside. When we're home I can't keep her in the house and when we're camping I can't keep her outside, go figure!
Zoe and I trying to keep ourselves entertained while Tyler and Sophie tried to get their kite aloft.
This is Sophie trying once again to get back into the tent. She loved the princess sleeping bag/bed we got her and it was a constant battle to keep her outside. When we're home I can't keep her in the house and when we're camping I can't keep her outside, go figure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Looks like you had a great time! Your girls are so darn CUTE!! Look how big they are getting. Just a few more weeks :)
I think Zoe's the happiest baby ever! I couldn't help but smile when I saw her big smile. What a wonderful family trip. We miss you guys! We need to plan to come visit soon. Wade is dying to show Tyler our new van. ;) In high school, Wade and Caleb (Tyler too, maybe?) swore they would never own a van, and guess who's the most excited about it? That's right! Wade-ola! haha
Post a Comment